I started by placing my main image on the front cover, this image was used as I felt it best represented my model allowing readers to fully see the outfit which is important for my style magazine. The the surrounding area complemented my model, having good lighting and was a simple and calm setting.I then repositioned the photo to adjust how it appeared on my front cover, by bringing my model closer to bring further attention to the model so he isn't lost in the middle of the page. This is also allows space for coverlines, puffs, content plugs and the masthead to be addedI then removed the colour from my magazine to enhance the image, by removing the bright colours it would bring attention to the model more
I then added the colour back to my model as I felt like he was lost in the background, my model being the only thing with colour on the front cover will draw readers attention to it, which is important as I want my model to be noticed and the outfit he is wearing.
I then added my masthead and tagline, I chose the colour white as I felt it best synergised with the white background, however due to the text and background both being white the masthead blended into the background and became hard to read
To combat this, I added a light blue background behind the masthead and reduced the opacity of the blue box to allow the background to shine through it, this allows for my masthead to stand out. I chose a light blue colour as I felt it was the best colour to complement my photo
I then created more blue boxes across the front page to allow space for coverlines and content plugs to sit on, this adds more colour to my masthead and allows the white text to stand out further. The coverline boxes also wrap round my model making sure the text doesn't overlap my model so he continues to stand out from the rest of the front page.
I then added the rest of the text, creating short kicker and teasers to grab the readers attention, creating coverlines with rhetorical questions such as could Seth Crews be right? raises curiosity within the reader and make them want to read on as they may want to find out more. The coverline sub-zero style was selected to synergise with my model suggesting how he 'effortlessly cool'. The last coverline How Charming links to my magazines unique selling point of jewellery as my magazine has a dedicated section to jewellery of sorts this will also be reflected within my contents page.